Born in 1925 in Czestochowa. Studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow, in studios of Zbigniew Pronaszko and Karol Frzycz, also history at Jagiellonian University. Between 1957 and 1960 he cooperated with Marian Bogusz in the Krzywe Kolo Gallery. From 1961 he was a lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, were held a studio, from where many great painters graduated. In the 80`s he was involved in the “independent culture”. In 1980 he received the prestigious Jan Cybis Award.